ADPH Annual Report Celebration 2021
The following reports were highlighted at the ADPH Annual Workshop 2021:
Reports with a COVID-19 Focus
1. NHS Highland – This report demonstrates impact in a local area.
2. Torbay Council – This annual report follows a diary structure to give insight into a DPH perspective of the pandemic.
3. Liverpool City Council – This innovative interactive report emphasises the role of the DPH as systems leader.
4. Barnsley Metropolitan Borough Council – This report makes use of over 320 diaries submitted by local residents to tell the story of the local journey through the pandemic and its impacts on health and wellbeing.
A Great Topic
Thurrock Council – This report is an in depth study of youth violence in Thurrock and the UK more widely. It makes an excellent case for the adoption of a public health approach to tackle youth violence.
A timeline to show growth in COVID-19 rates alongside a chronology of responses, locally, nationally and internationally.
Warwickshire County Council – COVID-19 Impact in Warwickshire – An Exceptional Year.
A spiral of life infographic demonstrating the impacts of health inequalities across the life course.
North East Lincolnshire County Council – Director of Public Health Annual Report 2020: Health Inequalities in North East Lincolnshire.
Reports with Innovative Approaches
1. Suffolk County Council – This report is delivered online via a digital report supplemented by video diaries. It is also accompanied by an easy-to-read version.
2. Kirklees Metropolitan Borough Council – This annual report is driven by data to deliver a granular insight into health inequalities in the borough. It is available in both a digital and PDF format.