ADPH Ethical Collaboration and Sponsorship Policy
ADPH actively seeks opportunities to collaborate with external organisations to achieve shared objectives. We also seek opportunities for income generation through sponsorship.
However it is vital that we maintain our independence and do not allow external partnerships to bring the name of ADPH into disrepute.
This policy has been devised to ensure clarity and openness to all our stakeholders. It is designed to address sponsorship and cause related marketing. We welcome comments, criticism and suggestions as to how these goals can be met.
The Association of Directors of Public Health (ADPH) exists to maximise the effectiveness and impact of Directors of Public Health (DsPH) as public health leaders.
The ADPH seeks to improve and protect the health of the population by working to:
- collate and present the views of Directors of Public Health on public health policy to national governments, the media and other organisations;
- advise on the public health policy and legislation at a local, regional, national and international level;
- facilitate a support network for Directors of Public Health to share ideas and good practice and support problem-solving;
- identify and fulfil the development needs of Directors of Public Health where practicable and appropriate;
- in collaboration with others, further the development of comprehensive, equitable public health policies through relevant statutory and other bodies.
Any use of the ADPH name or logo by any other organisation must have prior explicit and written consent from the chief executive. Press releases which refer to ADPH cannot be issued without its prior approval.
ADPH seeks, so far as is practical and within the constraints of UK law:
- openness and transparency in its dealings with other organisations;
- initiatives that do not compromise the independent status of ADPH;
- initiatives that will not damage the reputation of the ADPH;
- to ensure that the activities of organisations we work with are consistent with our organisational values;
- arrangements where ADPH is considered an equal partner (irrespective of the size or power of the other organisation);
- mutually beneficial outcomes in all collaborations;
- support from more than one organisation where practicable. No company / organisation can expect to acquire an exclusive relationship with ADPH or one that is designed to give that company / organisation an advantage over its competitors.
ADPH does not endorse or approve products or companies, and a statement to this effect will be included alongside any branding or promotion associated with products. No partner organisation should infer that acknowledgement of its support by ADPH represents endorsement of its policies, actions or products.
ADPH will not work with, or accept donations from, organisations whose activities, policies, aims or objectives contradict or are inconsistent with its own.
In particular, partnerships with companies involved in any of the following activities will be avoided:
- criminal activity
- weapons or weapons systems manufacture, sale or distribution
- tobacco or alcohol manufacture
- human rights violation
- unacceptable environmental or ecological harm
For all collaborations and sponsorship a detailed written agreement on the specific support offered will be agreed by both parties. This agreement will include details of agreed contact people on both sides, the outcomes/outputs expected, how the agreement will be monitored and enforced and when and how progress reports will be provided to funders.
ADPH will not accept more than five per cent of total income per annum from one corporate partner, nor more than 30 per cent of total income per annum from commercial organisations, so as not to compromise our integrity.
All cause related marketing and sponsorship with a value of more than £5,000 must be approved by the Honorary Officers.
Contracts with partners must permit ADPH to withdraw from any partnership where new developments mean that areas of this ethical sponsorship policy become breached.
A full list of corporate sponsors giving over £5,000 will be maintained on our website.
ADPH will communicate its commitment to this policy to our stakeholders. A copy of this policy will be displayed on our website within 3 months of its adoption.38 kBADPH Sponsorship Policy