There has been an Association for Directors of Public Health or their equivalent for more than 150 years. The ADPH in its current form has been in place since 1989 and in 2013 it bacame a Company Limited by Guarantee.
ADPH works to a three year strategic Business Plan and produces Annual Reports. Since 2007 the Association has been funded by annual corporate subscriptions from members’ employing organisations. We also receive funding for specific projects and seek sponsorship where it conforms to our Sponsorship Policy.
Further details on the values, history, governance etc are behind the links on the right of this page.
The Association is led by the Executive which consists of the President, Honorary officers and member representatives.
Current Honorary Officers
- President: Janet Atherton (Sefton) - contact the President
- Vice President: Diana Grice (East Sussex)
- Treasurer: Mike Robinson (Croydon)
- Secretary: Paul Edmondson-Jones (York)
- Membership Secretary: Judith Hooper (Kirklees)
- South West - Virginia Pearson; vacancy
- South Central - Ruth Milton; Jenifer Smith
- South East - Alison Barnett; vacancy
- London - Jeanelle DeGruchy; Andy Howe
- East of England - Liz Robin; vacancy
- East Midlands - Chris Kenny; Peter Marks
- West Midlands - Valerie Little; Aliko Ahmed
- North West - Abdul Razzaq; vacancy
- North East - Miriam Davidson; Anna Lynch
- Yorkshire & Humberside- Ian Cameron; Andrew Furber
- Wales - Sharon Hopkins; Gill Richardson
- Scotland - Alison McCallum; Sarah Taylor
- Northern Ireland - Carolyn Harper
Also Faculty Observer - John Middleton (Sandwell)
and Chief Executive - Nicola Close