LGA/ADPH Annual Public Health Conference and Exhibition 2015
Wednesday 11 February 2015
LGA members: £229 + VAT Non members: £365 + VAT
On behalf of the Local Government Association (LGA) and the Association of Directors of Public Health (ADPH) we would like to invite you to attend our Annual Public Health Conference and Exhibition.
This event is targeted at senior policy makers, practitioners and experts from the public health and wellbeing communities.
We are delighted that this year some of our confirmed speakers include:
• Jane Ellison MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State for Health
• Simon Stevens, Chief Executive, NHS England
• Luciana Berger MP, Shadow Public Health Minister
• Duncan Selbie, Chief Executive, Public Health England
• Simon Blake, Chief Executive, Brook
• Andy Bell, Deputy Chief Executive, Centre for Mental Health
• Sandra Whiles, Chief Executive, Blaby District Council
• Mike Sandys, Director of Public Health, Leicestershire County Council
• Dr Jessica Allen, Deputy Director, UCL Institute of Health Equity
• Anne Lythgoe, Strategy Manager, Salford Health and Wellbeing Board
Councils have already seized their responsibility for improving the public’s health and reducing inequalities with vision, vigour and considerable creativity and innovation. With the NHS 5 Year Forward Review calling for a ‘radical upgrade’ in public health, the transfer represents a unique opportunity to change the focus from treating sickness to actively promoting health and wellbeing.
This annual flagship conference on public health will offer a valuable opportunity to analyse the implications for local government and public health as we approach the next general election and beyond.
It will highlight the innovative work already being undertaken by councils and public health teams, with their partners and communities, and look at how to build on existing best practice to identify and tackle the challenges and opportunities of this new public health landscape.
The packed programme will give many opportunities to hear keynote addresses and take part in plenary sessions, as well as a variety of participatory breakouts and networking sessions.
This is your opportunity to hear the very latest thinking on key policy and improvement agendas, put your questions and comments to those involved in shaping them at the highest level, and network with your peers on the issues that matter to you locally.
You can access more information on this event, including the full programme, and book you place here.
We do hope you will be able to join us for what promises to be a most useful and interesting event.
Cllr Izzi Seccombe
Chair, LGA Community Wellbeing Board
Dr Janet Atherton
287 kBConference Flyer
Association Directors of Public Health